Saturday, January 10, 2015

Catching Up

Wow it has been 3yrs since I have written a blog, I think I forgot I had one of these! So today's post is dedicated to hitting the highlights of the last 3yrs. I want to get back on track with blogging, I find it sort of therapeutic and at this stage of my life I actually have interesting things to write about. 

HIGHLIGHTS:
* September 17, 2011 at 9:47pm: Sadie Lynn Fortune made her grand entrance all on her own weighing in at 7lbs 2oz and 20in long. 
       *She has been so much fun to watch grow. She is definitely one of a kind with her personality. She is the perfect mix of both families. Her obsession is with superheroes, she loves them and knows way too much about them and the stories that go along with them for a 3yr old! She is way too smart, loving, down right hilarious, and just the most adorable kid you will ever meet!

* 2012*
     * We celebrated many of Sadie's firsts, we both ended up with new jobs that we loved!
*2013*
     *This was the start of a very hard 2yrs
  * I had to make the decision to stop doing massage therapy due to a nasty Ganglion Cyst on my right radial joint that will never completely go away. This did open up the opportunity to find my true calling which is nursing. 
   * I obtained my CNA and began attending school to knock out some pre requisites for Nursing School. I also started my first CNA job at a nursing home after making the move to Statesville.
    *At the beginning of the year we got devastating news about Scott's 10yr old cousin Nicholas. Within a few months he was diagnosed with a rare disease called Aplastic Anemia. He had 2 brain bleeds, many complications, many accomplishments, and a bone marrow transplant. By the end of 2013 he was able to enjoy a few weeks at home which included Christmas with the family. 
  * In November we found out we were pregnant with baby #2 and announced it to the family over our Thanksgiving get togethers. 
 * At the beginning of December I woke up to severe cramping and bleeding, after a trip to the doctor we learned I was having a miscarriage. We were devastated. I was only 7wks along but we were already so very attached and in love with this baby. The whole ordeal was not over until the week before Christmas, I almost ended up having to have surgery. It is still hard for me to grasp why or that I even went through something so tragic. 
*2014*
    *This year started off with the hopes of great things.
   * I began making arrangements to do online courses and take a leave of absence from work to help take care of Nicholas while his parents had to go back to work. He ended up back in the hospital, in what they hoped would be a short stay.
  *In the beginning of February I began sitting with him in the hospital during the day, I loved every minute of my time spent with him.
  *February12, Sadie had her first surgery, she had her adenoids removed. This was the best thing to happen to her!
   * After that things with Nicolas began to go down hill and on February 21 surrounded by all of his family he passed away. Next to my miscarriage, this was the worst day of my life. It was so hard to see such a sweet young boy fight for his life and watch the life slip from his eyes.  I am so thankful that he is now healed, no longer fighting, and in the presence of our Lord! I miss that kid more and more everyday!
  *That began a year of very sad firsts for the Fortune side of the family.
 * In May we finally received some good news for a change, we got pregnant with baby #3 due to arrive end of January 2015!  This pregnancy has been completely different from Sadie's and has gone by quickly and thank God there have been no complications whatsoever! Oh and it is another girl!!! Quinn Reese Fortune is going to be very spoiled, and Scott actually could not be more excited about a house full of girls! Sadie is also extremely excited and cannot wait to meet her little sister!
  * In October, Scott was blessed with an amazing job at a marketing company in Charlotte, he absolutely loves it! 
*2015
  *It just started but already Scott has been promoted and we have made the decision to move to Charlotte once our lease is up in March. 
 *Currently we are waiting the arrival of miss Quinn and preparing for a wedding! Not ours of course but my little sister's! Yep somewhere in those years she found the love of her life, who just happened to already be one of our great friends! Her and Swain  will be getting married on the 30th, which means Quinn needs to hurry up!

That is our last 3yrs in a nutshell. It has been a crazy ride but I know God has had us in His hands the whole time and I cannot wait to see where He takes us next! I also plan to share this crazy ride with all of you so stay tuned!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment